Sunday, January 06, 2008

Busy Saturday night

At 10 pm on Saturday night, the night before my 37th birthday, I was trying to atone for 36 years of sins against my body by working out. I was in the pool (where I completed one lap swimming freestyle and one lap walking - after 40 minutes on treadmill) thinking about what I was doing. I was thinking about this since there was a very attractive woman in the spa, then in the pool and then the spa again, and the idea of asking her why she didn't have anything better to do on a Saturday night flashed across my mind. I smiled at the impossibility of the thought of the action more than the cleverness. So I applied the same question to myself, what was I doing here, didn't I have anything better to do on a Saturday night, especially when I was going to be turning 37 in a few hours. I stood at the end of the pools and rested my head on my arms and thought about it. Turns out I didn't.
I was showering a few minutes later, and I thought about this entry - and I thought about my weight loss goals. I decided that there was 50 lbs between me and the person I want to be. I don't mean the weight loss is the end - but since I am going to have to do so many things like the person I do want to be to get there, I should be very close by the time I drop the 50. I want to be the kind of person that makes good decisions in what I do, what I eat, where I spend my money, how I spend my time with my friends and family, and many of the other things I don't do well. Pistons lost.
On the way home, I decide Taco Bell would be better than McDonalds, since I was not going to take the time to cook some chicken and rice. Just the nature of the beast.
I ate, played a game for a while, did some reading and wrote this. I am now 37. Wheee.

No comments: