Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pop Fiction and Semi-Pro

I am fascinated by this Pop Fiction show, where stars play pranks on paparazzi. On E! Interesting to see the stars (granted, stars in this case might be stretching it, I should say celebrities) creating false rumors and how they are doing it. Funny show. Trying to diffuse some of the crazy world of celebrity gossip. Of course, it is on E!, so there is a heavy dose of irony, being an entire network based on celebrity obsession.

I went and saw Semi-Pro today, funny, not as good as Anchorman, but some very good scenes, including one that had me in tears. I was very happy to see an, ahem, romantic scene starring Maura Tierney, something I have dreamed about for years. I have loved her since NewsRadio. Almost as good as "Fuck me Santa!" from Bad Santa, shouted by another long time crush, also from NewsRadio, Lauren Graham. All in all, the movie had some flaws, but funny. Jason and I actually can't wait for the special features on the DVD. The theater had previews for Step Brothers, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Forbidden Kingdom all looked really good. Or at least worth watching (in the case of Step Brothers).

No comments: