Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Night of the Storm

Don't know how you are doing, but I am safe at home, watching an awful basketball game. State is not playing real well and Michigan is playing awful. I like what Tommy Amaker has done with the team off the court, but his Michigan teams just do not seem to improve from year to year and during the year. I think he has got to be on a short leash, where maybe he must make the tourney next year or is gone. Thinking of Michigan coaches makes me wonder about the last big game that Lloyd Carr's team has won and I don't think you can count Notre Dame this year.

Another thought, that I thought I had thought of, but apparently Jason did first, was that it seems The Daily Show has become the new breeding ground for comedic talent. It used to be Saturday Night Live, then stand up, now the people for the Daily Show seem to be heading out and doing other work.
Kilborn - Late Late Show
Colbert - Colbert Report
Carell - Office, 40 Year Old Virgin
Black - Started stand up, really big now
Corddry - The Winner
Corddry - Studio 60
Rachael Harris - TV commercials and shows
Ed Helms - Several episodes of The Office

The interesting thing is that the current crop of correspondents is top notch - John Oliver, John Hodgman, Jason Jones, Samantha Bee, Rob Riggle, Asif Mondvi, all damn good.

So, until next time, later

No comments: