Saturday, February 24, 2007

Grandmother's Passing

Yesterday, Feb 23rd, we held a memorial service for my Grandmother, (my father's mother), who died from a stroke she suffered on Sunday, the same day my mother suffered a seizure (she is all right now). All of her children were there and my cousin Brian spoke for only a few minutes but said everything we were thinking and said it wonderfully.

This is one of those situations where the cause is terrible, but one of the results has been that our family has connected again, including the grandchildren. Hopefully, as we all come together to remember our grandmother and take care of our grandfather, I think that bond will be stronger. Most of the work had been done by my grandmother in the past, and we need to re-establish that network individually.

We spent a few hours going through boxes of old photos, and that went a long way towards that reconnection, even with everyone spread around the country. Maybe something good will come out of this after all.

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was very nice Sean.