Friday, March 16, 2007

Daily Thoughts

Thought I would simply leave this open while at work and post occasional thoughts to it.

I watched The Daily Show last night (from Tuesday) and the guest was Zbigniew Brzezinski promoting his new book Second Chance: Three Presidents and the Crisis of American Superpower. When Jon Stewert started reading his bio, I thought, "This is going to be one smart dude." He is. Incredibly intelligent and capable of bringing across really difficult ideas. His attitude was, "Why yes, I am incredibly brilliant and the highest authority in this subject. Would you like me to explain it to you?"

After his discussion, I wondering if there has ever been a sales bump from appearing on the Daily Show. There are so many books I want to read after hearing about them from this show, but I don't get around to it.

11:30 - Listening to All Songs Considered from NPR (from 2/22/07) and they are talking to Lily Allen. Never heard of her, but she and her music sound interesting. The thing I like about this show is they usually focus on a guest and play some of their favorites and influences. Good show.

Update: 1:50 Just got back from a long lunch at Loco's so we could watch a little hoops. I don't think there will be a whole lot of work done this afternoon. Old Sheilaleighs (sp?) has a few huge tents.

2:09 PM - Uriah Heep - Stealin' I have mentioned it before, but "Stood on a ridge and shunned religion", regardless of how you feel about it, is a great line.

4:31 PM - Done very little useful work today. Winthrop beat Notre Dame. I knew I should have gone with my heart and not taken ND. What was I thinking.

No comments: