Wednesday, March 28, 2007

More thoughts

This link is about Senator John Kerry making noise about the deal Major League Baseball made with DirectTV about Extra Innings and the baseball channel to come. I haven't bought this package before, but always thought it was a great concept. But I don't care about that.

I have decided that my view of politicians has changed and I want politicians who will actually do something about important subjects like our massive health care crisis, poverty, crime, a war with no merits, etc. instead of divisive mostly personal issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc. If the Democrats want to do something in the next elections, get the discussion away from those kind of issues and focus on what needs to be done for the people of this country.

What kind of kicked this off was listening to Drew and Mike talk about how airlines are terrible to their customers but we have to use them anyway, (and my thought - and the government bails them out anyway). This would seem to be where government could step in and make airlines treat people with respect. If only the FAA and other oversight boards weren't in the pockets of the CEO's and PAC's of the people they are supposed to be regulating. Drew mentioned a passenger bill of rights, and I had forgotten somebody had talked about that at one time. I am glad I am in a job that does not require travel, I would have probably snapped at some TSA employee by now.

Okay, one of my jobs is done, ttyl

No comments: