Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Daily Thoughts

So hello there. In my continuing battle for supremecy over my wanton desires, I made two good choices today. One, on my way into work, I pulled into the McDonald's drive-thru lane (not the good part) and then pulled back out again. That was the good choice. I got a fruit bar once I got to work.

The second choice was between a calzone and a salad. I stood in the cafeteria for 3-4 minutes looking back and forth between the two, and actually, again, made the correct choice. I did reward myself for that choice by taking two rolls instead of one, they are small.

That is one thing, and I mentioned this before, about the TEAM Weight Loss group I am part of, since I have to write down all the food that I eat, I am really examining all of my food choices. I want to make sure I get the most benefit out of the class. Of course, it is a difficult time right now since it is renewal time. I have to decide if I want to take another session. I am leaning towards it, I see the benefits but the lessons are not ingrained yet.

On a slightly different health tack, this article on Arnie Kander was on the freep today. My brother has said many times, especially in the Pistons title season that one of the keys to this team has been it's health. And when Webber joined the team this year, he really seemed to be a different player from his time in Philly and before that, he seemed to have more spring in his step and more quickness. Jason believed this was due to Kander and this article addresses that. Good read and he gives a few tips on living healthier, but the main tip I got out of it is to listen to your body - it will tell you what you need to know. That goes along with the teachings of the TEAM Weight Loss - fuel yourself right and listen to your body. Pay attention to what happens when you eat certain foods.

That's your lesson for the day, you non-existant reader.

1 comment:

Declan Anderson said...

Hey check out my poems at www.brianmcmurdo.blogspot.com and comment please!