Friday, March 30, 2007

Good Feelings and Frustrations

Hello dear reader

Posting from work again, waiting for a few things to finish.

I am proud of myself for the actions I took last night. At our TWL class, I was near 700 calories burned for the night when I decided to go a few extra minutes and get to 720 calories, which is the exact amount in a Baby Pan Pan from Little Caesers. I thought if I got that threshold, I could go get one with no guilt. I felt good about my decision and looked forward to my pizza. When I left the gym after a nice time in the jacuzzi, I drove home a little differently to pass a Little Caesers. About a half mile away, I decided to not stop. Even though I wanted it badly, and was hungry, I decided not too. I went home, had some cheese and cashews and went to bed. I am quite proud of myself. And this morning I had a meal replacement bar, with lots of protein, instead of a sausage biscuit, my favorite breakfast.

Frustration - You might see the link to the major league baseball standings above right. I want the functionality to make the standings there, without having to click to a different website. I have done a lot of searching through the help on how to create the widget, a lot of time trying to find if someone has created the widget for a blogger account, and tried some stuff. I don't want to learn javascript for this, although I might have too. Maybe that is a sign I should make my move into management.... Anyway, it should be easy, and I haven't found any code to copy, which I am very good at, so I am frustrated. Hopefully it will resolved by this weekend.

I was just wondering something, with all the coverage of the UK sailors captured by Iran, do tolitarian goverments and terrorist groups think we actually believe the statments that are released by the captives? Don't they realize we all assume they are forced? Why do they keep doing that?

Further on with this, why would Iran do something to antagonize the UK (and therefore the US)within a year of W getting out of office and people of the US wanting the war in Iraq over, not to mention the Democrats growing a spine and demanding our troops removal within a year, over the scare tactics and doomsaying from Cheney and others? It seems that would sway people towards attacking Iran, when I would say the current sentiment would be against that. What are they thinking?

Ok, files done. Later.

No comments: