Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Post

Hello all, it's been a few days, been trying to do a lot of things. The Tigers won today, surprisingly. I am really starting to get down on Craig Monroe (already down on Inge until he hurt his foot, and down on Rodney and Grilli). Maybe I should start a widget on the right hand side of the screen showing which Tigers are out of my favor. How many chances do you give this guy when you have a Hall of Famer that could easily take his job, and Maybin waiting in the wings. The problem is, are there any teams that would be willing to give something for him. He is a free agent this year or next, so some lower level team might not be willingly to take him, and would the Tigers want to give him to a contender?

Watching the U.S. Open with my dad, Tiger hitting his second shot into 15, into nasty rough. This course is difficult, glad I am not playing it. I have enough trouble with easy courses.

This is always a big weekend for my family, since June 14th is my mother's birthday, June 15th is my parent's anniversery, and then today the 17th is Father's day. If I had any money, it would be an expensive weekend. When I am out of my debt problems, it will be again. We bought mom a cool planter with three singing frogs, and I gave dad a golf shirt (that was bought for me but didn't fit) and Rear Window on DVD. I wlll do better in the future.

So, I can't decide whether the Tigers should demote Monroe or not. Playing in National League ballpark will give Leyland a chance to sit him for a few straight days. Sheffield has been playing the field well enough, although I don't know if he would have made that catch that Monroe made today.

It's now 6:50 on Sunday afternoon, Mom is making dinner, Dad and I watching the US Open, and I will have to go into the office for a little while before I head to the gym tonight. Big exciting night.

No comments: