Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tying up the weekend

Hey all, Sunday night, trying to do something to make the weekend mildly valuable. I did absolutely nothing the entire weekend that could be said to have moved my life forward. I did have a good time, hanging out with friends on Friday night and most of the day Saturday, after a little golf, drank a lot of beer and ate some bad for me food. But there was very little done that would be considered good, except this:

  • I picked my brother up at the airport at 8 am Sunday - although I did almost screw that up, since he was supposed to land at 6:30 or so, and that was the time I woke up. Luckily for me, his plane was delayed, so I was able to get there in plenty of time.
  • I completed a download for work. It wasn't hard, but I did have to log in and start a few programs.
  • And I cleaned out some email and stuff off the DVR.
There. All my good accomplishments for the weekend. Although, on Friday night I did reconnect with some old friends I hadn't seen socially in a while. That is good but not an accomplishment. I never went to the gym, never cleaned my house, never went and bought groceries, prepared food for this week, did some reading, prepared things for sale on ebay or anything. A great wasted weekend. At least I got a blog post done.

By the way, I have to say that Detroit Metro, recently named the number 2 airport according to some study, has done something really interesting. They have set aside places near the terminals for people to stop and wait for their arriving party to call and say they have landed. It makes the process of picking someone up a whole lot eaiser. Really a great move.

Anyway, off to bed.

No comments: