Wednesday, July 25, 2007

golf and weight loss thoughts

Middle of the second day at work after a long vacation.

I am just getting used to being back at work, but the external monitor on my desk is in terrible shape - very blurry. I have tried resetting it a few times to no avail.

I am happy to be progressing on a few projects, ok, one project, but making a lot of progress on it. The non work project going around my head is a potential weight loss bet between my friend Walter and myself. I think beyond the bet between us would be to try and generate additional money by having people sponser us, like pledging. Then we would give half the money to the winner and half to their charity of choice. I still have to figure out some logistics of this.

Golf was really bad last night, it was like I had never putted at all, I even four putt a green that I was on in 2, and then hit a 300 yard drive (I think some cart path help, I know there was a little wind help) to a 350 yard hole, then pushed my 56 degree wedge to the right of the hole, hit a poor chip and two putt, taking a 5 on a hole that I drove to within 57 yards of the pin. Disappointing.

Anyway, I should get to work, later.

Edit - If you read the previous post, I did finish tearing apart my porch. It looks good, well, acceptable.

No comments: