Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July everyone.

I am over at my parents, since my Grandfather came up, driven by my Aunt and Uncle from Tennessee, and we are going to barbecue and then go to the Tigers game tonight.

I don't think I want to talk about the Tigers. I am quite disgusted with the hitting, especially Monroe and Inge, but Pudge has done nothing clutch. Guillen and Pudge in the tenth inning last night were two abhorrent at bats. Just disgusting.

So about Scooter.

“Remember Philip Agee, who I consider a traitor to our country?'' Bush asked,
referring to Agee's efforts to expose CIA operations and identify
spies.

So when someone from Junior's administration is convicted as exposing a covert agent, he gets a pardon, sorry, commutation. Lovely. Is there anyone who didn't see this coming?

Nice thoughts:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The hypocrisy is unpardonable. President Bush's decision
to commute the sentence of a convicted liar brought out the worst in both
parties.

In keeping I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby out
of jail, Bush defied his promise to hold wrongdoers accountable and undercut his
2000 campaign pledge to "restore honor and dignity" to the White House. And it
might be a cynical first step toward issuing a full pardon at the conclusion of
his term.
Isn't this hard to defend? I am sure Fox News has been defending it like crazy, I should probably watch. But it can be so painful.

Sean

No comments: