Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday evening update

Hello, posting from Kathy's house as I am spending a few days over here taking care of her dogs. The dogs are fine.

I went to the ballgame yesterday, Saturday, with the Social Connection group, and had a great time and met a number of cool people. Course, I didn't ask for phone numbers, I always forget or never find the right time or anything. I had dinner with a group of four friends that had gone down for the game, all hard core fans and fun women to hang out with. We ate over at Como's, and I sat at the bar after they left until about 1:30 or so. I talked to a few other women that were there, but I got the hiccups a few times and then I was really wasted, so I kinda of lost a lot of confidience and again couldn't get any phone numbers. I need to learn to close.

I decided I had to take today pretty easy since I drank a lot on Thursday at the game, then Friday night while watching the game at the rock (and doing some writing on my script for the first time in almost a year) I had several beers and then Saturday. Saturday ended poorly since I, well, gave back the burrito I had after the bar. I should really stop doing that. I didn't go to bed until about 4 am, and then had to take care of the dogs around 7 am. I was able to sleep on the couch for a few hours after they ate.

So far I am watching the Tigers do nothing against the second coming of Bob Gibson apparently, this Baker character. It sucks that when I go to a few games in the span of a week that they start playing terrible.

Live Update: Harwell has been on the ESPN broadcast and just gave us a Stood there like a house by the side of the road. I should try and find that for my ringtone on my cell phone.

At least there are a few All-Star reps - Mags, Guillen, Verlander, Pudge. Granderson apparently didn't get enough write in votes. I tried for him. One of the women I met yesterday said she would marry Curtis, that he seems like such a good guy. He has a blog that is pretty interesting at espn, and he seems like the kind of person you would want to model your own life after, or have your child emulate. As I am typing this, he just hit his 15th triple of the season.

I am going to try to do some work. Go Tigs!

No comments: