Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday morning - July 9th

Hi there from Monday morning. I am still suffering from this cold/allergy/sinus problem. I should probably take one or two steps to correct the problem, but I am so wiped out that I don't know how to address it except by sleeping a lot. I keep thinking a shot of Jack Daniels would help, but for some reason haven't tried yet.

I don't have anything really astounding or even interesting to confer to you right now, just that I am working (waiting for a program to finish, natually) and feel like death warmed over, dogmeat, .... I am so messed up I can't think of any more of my favorite metaphors.

I watched the last four episodes of Studio 60 last night. I am going to miss that show, and the quality writing that Sorkin brings to television. I think commercial television got a little less good when that show was cancelled. But I think that is the point. The networks are trying to make their product so bad so everyone will get pay tv. I am sure there is a lot of co-ownership between cable stations and commercial networks - NBC also owns USA, Sci-fi, Bravo, MSNBC. Viacom owns CBS, MTV, etc. Disney with ABC, ESPN, Disney channel. Think about that for a while.

Sean

P.S. Saturday was not particularly lucky for me. But I can't say I was in a position to have something lucky happen either.

No comments: