Monday, October 29, 2007

Diary of Monday Night Football

Actually, this is only about the battle for first place in the CMA FFL League. The Dwight Shrute Bears and the PPG Warriors are both undefeated at 7-0-0. The two heavyweights of the league play this week, and Tom Brady handed the Bears a 43 point performance, but none of the other players showed up this week. For the Warriors, Antionio Gates scored 21 and TJ Whos your daddy scored 14. After Sunday - Bears were up by six points, and they have no further players. The Warriors have DeShawn Wynn going tonight, so as soon as Wynn scores that 11 yard touchdown, the Warriors, against all expectations, will take the week and continue undefeated. Unfortunately, Green Bay has the worst running game in the league, but the Broncos have the worst running defense in the league. Winn is being handed the reins, and most importantly the bulk of the carries, so hopefully I have a chance.

I will watch the game and write about what's going on.

8:40 PM - Packers kick off, so who cares? I only care about the Packers on offense see you then.

First play - one of the ugliest shovel passes ever.

8:42 PM - I am not sure I like the trade by the Tigers today - seems like a lot of the future to give up, and why can't we trade for anyone else but the Braves. Renterria will probably be good for the Tigers though.

8:44 PM - Broncos moving ball pretty well. Couldn't the Lions have drafted Cutler a few years ago? Instead of Williams I think.

8:46 PM - KGB with pressure, Packers about to get the ball. Here we go. Woodson to receive, but over his head into end zone.

8:49 PM - first play , let's see. I don't even know Wynn's number. I just picked him up this week. Stupid pass. I want to go to bed early knowing I won. Get the ball to Wynn. Now a dropped pass on 2nd down, see what happens. That's why you need to run the ball. 3rd down. Hits the running back out of the backfield, but some guy I don't know. Some other guy I don't know I should say. Punt. Jerks.

9:03 PM - Finally, Denver scored on a nifty play by Cutler. I really like the running back or tight end coming back to make that block for Cutler to have another second or two. Get the Pack back on the attack!

9:08 PM - First down. Changed channels, watching about 8 women wrestling on USA. Football in a while. And I keep changing back to ABC, stupid ESPN. I come back and
Farve throws a big touchdown. I assume there was no run play. Jerks. Hell of a play though. What is that graphic where they track the entire path of the receiver? That looks pretty cool. I assume it is from Madden or something.

9:10 PM - going back to wrestling. Now some muscle bound screaming thug. Women are gone. Stupid USA.

9:17 PM - this looks the makings of a great game, or neither team plays defense, but very watchable. End of first quarter, Wynn stats - NOTHING. Hasn't even been looked at yet. Must have not sung his school fight song well enough during camp and Farve hates him.

9:21 PM - Cutler fumbles, will Wynn get the back to give Favre a little breathing room? Probably not. Wynn got a carry, he got a carry! No yards, but they are trying to establish the run all right.

9:26 PM - Favre play action, I think he did that just to tease me.

9:27 PM - Yards - 7 yards. on the Ground - Who the hell is that? Why is Wynn on the sideline? Why do the Packers hate me. Who is Grant?

9:29 PM - I am going to cry.

9:36 PM - Really, my last hope for victory is standing on the sideline. Did I mention my quarterback, on the biggest matchup of the season, got me 2 points. VY - who killed M in the Rose Bowl, 6/14 for 42 yards. 2 stupid points.

9:45 PM - More runs to super man Grant - oooh isn't he awesome? He is sooo cool. I hate football. Sorry, can't watch Deanna.

9:47 PM - I thought the man crush on Favre was limited to Madden. Apparently it is part of the Monday Night Football contract with the NFL.

9:57 PM - Ok, closing this, since I don't think Wynn is playing anymore, so I am going to bed.

No comments: