Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Crushes, Tigers and Notes

I really need to start coming up with the title after I write the post, because I rarely have a good title before I start.

Song: Five Years by David Bowie 4 stars

A few days ago I was trashing Jason Grilli (almost typed Steve for some reason, his father) about being very ineffective this year. After his performance tonight and last night, I was ready to come post about how well he had been pitching, so I would only be disappointed with Ledezma. Guess what happened next, Mesa comes out and brings the Angels back into the game. The number of disappointing pitchers has not changed, just the names. Great job by Grilli and Byrdak.

Song: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash - 5 stars

I think I am going to develop an unhealthy crush on Amy Sedaris. She's just so adorable and damn funny. I have liked her for a while, but just watched her Conan episode last night and thought it was right. Now, this does not affect my other unhealthy crush on Lauren Graham (see posts in the keyword listing to the right). Since I will never have contact with either woman, I have enough unrequitable love for the both of them. I wish I would get more ambitious and finish a few of the screen play ideas so I would have a reason to send them a script. Just as much of a fantasy, trust me.

Song: Garden of Eden by Guns 'N' Roses - 5 stars

So back to Amy. Whenever I have seen her on Conan, I she always seems to overdress, wearing a short cocktail type dress that seems old -fashioned but looks great. Here is a picture of it (I hope) at this link. Not being a fashion person, I don't know how to describe it. Ok, its not that I am not a fashion person, it is that I haven't dated much - you happy? I said it.

Song: Honey Don't by The Beatles - 1 star (since on BBC recordings, ask me about it some other time - cool song.

So Amy - if you ever do a vanity Google search, I hope this comes up and I wish you lots of success and all the acting work you want from your role in Shrek the Third.

Other notes: I have been to the gym for five straight days. I need to go tomorrow so I can take Friday off from the workouts. It's only treadmill, but still, the body has to rest.

Song: Til the End of the Day by The Kinks - 3 stars, but rethinking that. I have been on a Kinks /Ray Davies kick lately, and listening more to the 3 or 4 cd's I have of theirs.

Another book on the Daily Show I would like to read, The Age of Abundance - How Prosperity Transformed America's Politics and Culture by Brink Lindsey. This is a discussion of America's prosperity since WWII has changed the dynamics of the culture, since it is the first time there has been a generation that has taken food, shelter clothing for granted because they have always been there, whereas most societies (historically) were driven by trying to obtain these basics. Sounds fascinating.

Anyway, I need to go to bed, night.

P.S. The title has changed - from Wednesday night to Crushes, Tigers and Notes. Little more interesting.

No comments: