Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

I am supposed to be sorting laundry right now, but I popped on to see if I could find a part time job. I am thinking of applying at blockbuster. Anyway, I wanted to get this idea out there. I was reading the Ross School of Business Alumni Magazine (Dividend) and thought that the idea of having companies endow Congressional Seats like they do Professorships. Gets rid of lobbying, we can have the ExxonMobil Distinguished Senator from Texas or something. Would make the lobbying and influence a lot more obvious, don't you think? I think it would reduce taxes as well. Also, the companies would not be able to give to candidates they do not exactly sponser, so it would limit any one companies influence to only the congresspeople they pay for. I think it is time for this idea.

Sean

No comments: