Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Evening TV talk

Thoughts from a weekend (plus a day) watching tv.

I spent a lot of time catching up on Law & Order (CI and SVU) over the weekend so I would have room for this weeks shows. One of the SVU episodes had Leslie Caron (in her first role in a few years) starring as a rape victim. Her performance was amazing. I would not be surprised to be up for a guest starring Emmy, she deserves it.

Just finished watching Studio 60 and I am more and more impressed every week. Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry have great chemistry - they are written as good friends and you can tell from the conversation shortcuts - they don't have to finish thoughts, they have a common framework of a long friendship.

One of the things I have thought about the Studio 60 is that it hit the ground running. There does not seem to be an awkward setup time you usually see in the first few episodes. My feeling is that since it borrows a lot from the framework of both West Wing and Sports Night. The show is exceptional. The only problem with watching a new show is that I have to wait a week to see the next episode.

If only I had powers like Hiro Nakamura in my other favorite new show (I seem to only watch NBC for some reason), Heroes, so that I could jump to the future and see the next episodes.

If you have not watched these shows yet, I would recommend. On NBC.com, you can watch the whole episodes. Or get them off itunes.

Thanks - Sean

No comments: