Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday night thoughts

Went to the Tigers game today, and all I can say is that I hope that they are better next year. That was truly awful and it has been for the last month. Somebody needs to spend some time with a dictionary and determine the meaning of clutch. Nobody on that team has been clutch the last month. I have gone back and forth over the last few months on who would be the least clutch players on the Tigers - Magglio or Pudge. They have both given us so many moments that I could choose from, and both seemed to be proving me wrong today. Oh wait, until it got close. Building a lead seems pretty easy for these guys, but scoring a run when the game is close? Not these Tigers. Brandon Inge (K with bases loaded and one out in 11th after an error gave them a few runs in the 7th? 8th?) did his best to show he is heavily deserving of that honor. Since is not getting paid as much as the other guys, the expectations are lower. But damn.

My brother and I discussed two great ideas (Not including the great John McKay quote - "Coach, what do you think of your team's execution? I think they should begin immediately" nor that Fernando Rodney should be cut). One was that it would be really cool if someone wrote a program to simulate the fighting styles/capabilities of the animals/figures used as mascots in sports. The first thought was "I wonder who would win a battle between a ram and a lion (the answer from the football field was of course - Rams)?" Discussion then ranged over all kinds of variables - including such great nuggets like if the ram were able to get one shot head on, the lion would be done, but if the lion knew to avoid that, etc. We have all the nature documentaries, could someone use those to determine a true inter species battle royale? Thought that would be fun.

The other thought is that the Detroit Tigers need to publish a list of the songs they play as the players come to the mound or the plate. I know most of the songs for the American players, but some of the Latin players have great songs that I cannot identify (especially Omar Infante). If there is actually anyone out there, and you have been to the ball park, what is your favorite player song - I like Omar's song and Zumaya's song - Voodoo Child (I think). Also, what song would you want played as you came to the plate/mound.

Well, going to bed real soon - did no work stuff this weekend, although I did get a few things done. I can now transfer items from my DVR to my computer, problem is I have now run out of disk space. Might be a drive purchase in my future - I don't need all this blood.

Sean

No comments: