Friday, September 29, 2006

Trying to stay awake

Friday at 8 AM.

Trying very hard to stay awake, and not go back to bed, so I thought I would post, since it has been almost a week. The problem is, I can only open one eye, and that for only a few moments at a time. And it isn't focusing very well. Hang on, alarm going off in the other room...

Why was my bed making very alluring cooing sounds? It said it wanted to hold me and be my friend. Are beds supposed to do that?

I did have a meaningful thought ... let me re phrase that to remove the pretensiousness ... I did have a thought. On the Daily Show this week was a very intersting interview with the President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf regarding his new memoir, In The Line of Fire. If I had time to read and didn't have a massive backload of books, I might buy it. That is one complaint I have with the Daily Show - since they have gone more political, there are too many books I want to buy. I can't afford them all. If someone does buy it, let me borrow it. Anyway, the interview was fasicinating, and finished with the new Daily Show feature - Seat of Heat (not sure if I like that or not) and Stewart asked if bin Laden and George W. were running for office in Pakistan, who would win, and Musharraf said they would both lose badly. Check it out.

The thought I was going to mention, which all that was background for, was a possible title for George W. memoir - "A Million Little Flip Flops". If you haven't heard it, check out Neil Young's "Let's Impeach the President" from Living With War CD.

How about "From Idiot to the White House".

Speaking of W. (not something that makes me happy by the way), how can Article 3 of the Geneva Convention be vague? "Outrages on personal dignity" is vague? Wait a second - his whole presidency has been a outrage on personal dignity, so maybe that is what he is worried about. That would probably be another good title.

Hooray to Clinton for slamming Wallace last week.

Anyway, I am more awake now, going to take a shower. See you later. I know I am going to cringe when I go back and read this.

No comments: