Sunday, September 10, 2006

Why I started this

Does anyone really care, who knows. However, I don't care if no one cares. I am doing this anyway. Keeps me from playing games and seems mildly productive.

Why am I doing this? I decided I want to be great. I think I can be great with words and ideas. Blogging seems like a way to get people to read those words and ideas. It is free and easy. I went out and bought special equipment so I that could use an old school Apple Extended Keyboard so that typing would be more comfortable, so I should actually type.

Why do I want to be great? Well, my friend was just promoted to partner at a major accounting firm. Aside from the prestige this brings, she is now making a boatload of money. I am jealous of her, not in a resentful way, but (I hope) in a inspiring to make myself what I should be kind of way. I have a good job that I don't do good enough at, and I will be able to make a comfortable living once I get out of a sticky debt situation (final relief - March '08). But I want more.

I have done what I thought was one great money making idea - but it kind of died on the vine. I designed (and paid someone else to write, Techcoders.com - they did quite well) a program for tracking gambling sessions and trips on handheld devices. I figured there would be a whole lot of other people that would want to track their progress during Vegas or gambling trips. I just didn't find them, so the program languished with like 2 sales. Painful to admit, but what the heck. If you are interested - search for GambleTrac on Palmgear.com, or duh - GambleTrac.

I have started to write movies and short stories for publication, never got them done, except for two, and they were denied the first time I tried to publish them, and I never got around to submitting them elsewhere.

If you ever read this again - or if I ever post anything again - you might notice that as a theme, I never got around to doing someting about something. Massive theme. Me and the therapist are working on it.

So, what can you expect here? Who knows, hopefully I will be witty, sparkling and intelligent. Maybe throw some of my poetry out here. More likely I will never publish anything again.

No comments: