Monday, September 11, 2006

A quick one

Well, I was supposed to go to bed at a decent time tonight to make sure I get to work on time tomorrow and do what I am supposed to do. If you notice the time of this posting, you will see I failed at that. Hopefully I can go on 5 hours sleep and get up on time. I never do, so I have little faith.

Update: 11:08 AM - just out of the shower. Wrote a new song though (kind of howling) "I am not happy with myself/I am a failure of a man" Haven't gotten to much farther with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Hey, I used to have the same problem with going to bed late and consequently getting to work late in the morning or else on time but with wet hair and no make-up on. (I was younger then and it wasn't as frightening as it wld be today!) You know what worked for me? Fear. Ffff, I hate to admit that because fear is so degrading, at least in such a mundane circumstance. Anyway, whether you have reason to fear -- for your job, that was my worry -- or not, my SOLUTION was to get up way-the-F early. I started going to the gym in the morning, at like 4a. Work out for an hour, grab a shower, get to the office at, like, 6a. Have a coffee, read the news online, check vmx (with the added bonus that msgs you send are time-stamped way-the-F early) send a few emails, get organized, by the time everyone else comes in you look like you're in command of the place. Seriously, it was GREAT. Boss comes in, you've already been there for, like, ever. They LOVE that. It's amazing; you can practically get a promotion just for coming in early and then not making any huge screw ups.

Gotta fly. Love ya, S!

K