Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thoughts on the Navy Chaplin case

First off - good morning, I woke up on time, had a bowl of cereal, and, most importantly, AM NOT GOING BACK TO BED FOR THAT EXTRA TEN MINUTES that always turns into three hours. I was listening to listening to the NPR news summary when they discussed the case of a Navy chaplin convicted in a court-martial for appearing in uniform at a war protest rally (NPR 7AM news summary, 9/14/06).

My initial thoughts were that Bush needed to pardon this guy so that it does not appear they are denying soldiers the right to speak and/or protest.

Thoughts after reading more: This guy wanted to be arrested and I have no sympathy for him. He wasn't simply protesting, he was trying to get attention. He mentioned Jesus when the Navy said to be non-denominational, he changed into his uniform before he prayed - probably when the camera arrived - at the protest after the Navy told him not too. I have no sympathy for a grandstander. I thought that was pretty interesting.

And final thought, as of 2:07 pm, Apple stock is up to 74.33, about 2 bucks from just before this weeks announcements. I wish I could have some. And the new iPod, not to mention the new Mac Pro with a really nice monitor, oh, and the iTV 1Q of 07.

Leave some comments.

Sean

Hello, is this thing on?

No comments: