Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday evening - 10 /17/06

It's quarter after nine, and I feel like going to bed. I thought I would try a post first to see if I wanted to stay up and do some work instead. Not likely, but I figure it is worth a try.

Last three days - got to work on time. Very proud of that.

Have to say something about major sports (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey) playoff formats. I really dislike, okay hate, the 2-3-2 playoff series. I am not sure what I don't like about it, except that it leads to streaks or runs too often. If the home team loses one of the first two games, there is a great possibility they will not play another game at home. I really enjoy the fairness and difficulty of a 2-2-1-1-1 format. I know there is more travel and logistics involved, and the days off are a little different (more in fact), but it can make great series last an additional 2 days. Isn't the savoring of the next game the best thing of all? Think of the extra savor time (Look! A little chart):

Day1 Day2 Day3 Day4 Day5 Day6 Day7 Day8 Day9 Day10 Day11
G G T G G G T G G
Day1 Day2 Day3 Day4 Day5 Day6 Day7 Day8 Day9 Day10 Day11
G G T G G T G T G T G

G=Game Day, T=Travel Day
(Trust me, it looked a lot better in Excel).

Look at those extra days of anticipatory goodness.

I will write some other time about reducing the length of the regular season - for each sport.

Quick note - Lauren Graham on Studio 60 this week. Did I mention I love her? Saw part of Bad Santa this weekend. Ummmmmm. Wow.

Those are the thoughts of the day.

Sean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren Graham? LOVE HER!!! Do you ever watch GILMORE GIRLS? It may not seem like your kind of show, but it's smart and funny and I'm sure you'd fall in love with Alexis Bledell, too. It's in its last season now, Tues nights at 8p on "the CW" (I don't know what # that channel is by you).

Biggles said...

It is because of Lauren that I have found myself watching Gilmore Girls. I tend not to watch a lot, but will stop when I see it is on and watchy for a while. I have always admired the quick banter between Lauren and Alexis. It is definately a quality show.