Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Morning - 10/21

Hello all - and Happy Birthday to my brother Jason.

Well, I actually got up this morning and made myself breakfast. It has been a while since I tried to make an omelette, and I can tell I am out of practice, not that I was ever very good to begin with. It was too big, too many eggs, and I was using the wrong tool for the flip attempt. And ground beef might not be the best additive. I did fry the ground beef first, in case you are worried. It's ok.

I did have an interesting thought this morning. I have long dreamed about flying to Alaska, renting a car and just driving. I was wondering if the rental car companies in Alaska were renting low-emission or no-emission vehicles. I would guess that a lot of the tourists going to Alaska were ecologically friendly and would be willing to spend a little more to make sure the environment stays clean.

Not going to finish my omelette. Got through about half of it.

Today is a big day in Detroit sports. Michigan v Iowa at the Big House at 3:30 and then Game 1 of the World Series at 7:30 PM tonight at the CoPa. I plan on being at a bar to watch the both of them. I think the best part about playing the Cardinals is that we beat the team with most World Series championships (Yankees), we beat the team tied for second (Athletics) and we get to face the other team tied for second (Cardinals)[from wikipedia]. Seems appropriate if they can complete this run through history. I want to get real confidient and proclaim the Tigers the champs, but things can happen, things can happen. Go Tigs.

Ok, going to do the dishes and eat the last KitKat bar I found in my fridge. I was giddy when I found it. I told my friend earlier this week that a cold KitKat bar might be just a half step away from heaven. I just went and found the website for KitKat to add the link above and this is the statement on the page (which is a different site, don't ask me why).

KIT KAT wafer bar
KIT KAT's light, crispy wafers in chocolate are a simple treat that complements your lighthearted, positive approach to life.

I love that statement. Maybe I will start to take a more lighthearted, positive approach to life.

Sean

No comments: