Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Daily Thoughts

Not paying attention during my Certified Data Analyst class, so I thought I would get out here and blog a little. This conference (ACL Connections 2007) has been a great time, I have met many people who are as fascinated about data analysis as I am, and learned many things, and found that many people share the same concerns about promoting ACL use in their organizations. Plus, during these conferences I spend a lot of time thinking about how I can use whatever I happen to be learning to improve my organization. I usually come back with a large number of questions I need to investigate, but finding the appropriate people to ask can be tough. I still think that makes the exercise valuable, even if it is not obvious. As I am listening to the various presentations, especially when it is business based, not detailed how to based, my mind usually kicks in with many insights into our company.

I have to take the test tomorrow, so that means, unlike every other night, tonight I will be staying in and not drinking stronger Canadian beer. I found a new beer Kokanee, really good stuff. I have had a lot of it in the last few days.

I have found a restaurant I like, Earl's; there were more beautiful waitresses there than I have ever seen, and the tv's were everywhere. And the burger I had was really, really flavorful. We hope to head back there after just destroying this exam tomorrow.

I should be listening. Later

No comments: