Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Money Making Update

So, I think it is going to be a little difficult to use my Access or ACL skills to make some additional money. There are a lot of freelance developers out there and there are a lot of freelance sites to make the connection to people who need some kind of help. I think I am going to simply put my Monopoly boards up for sale on Ebay and keep begging.

Also, like I said, if anyone wanted to stake me, I figured out a plan. Any money contributed as a stake in my gambling trip will be put into a pool. That money will form the stake that will be gambled first and winnings from that will be maintained separately from other moneys (I have a great program to do that - Gambletrac - which nobody ever bought). The deal is this, money that is lost, is lost, it will not be paid back. If there is anything left of that stake, it will be paid back in accordance to the percentage each person contributed. If I break even, all stake money will be returned. If I win, stake money will be returned, plus each person will receive a percentage of the return pool, which will be 50% of winnings (myself keeping the other 50%). So it works like this:

10 people kick in $100 each. That creates a stake of $1000 and each have 10% of the results. Each scenario looks like this:
If I take that $1000 and lose it all, everyone gets paid 0.
If I take that $1000 and lose $500, everyone gets back $50.
If I take that $1000 and come back with $1000, everyone gets back their $100.
If I take that $1000 and come back with $2000, each person gets back $100. The profit of $1000 will be split by me and the stake pool, with each person getting $50 of that (10% of $500). So each person gets back $150.

So throw some money in the Chip In widget to the right.

Thanks for playing.

No comments: