Monday, April 16, 2007

From Vancouver

I am on break of my conference (ACL Connections 2007) and so I thought I would do a quick post about Vancouver. This seems like a great town and I could see living here. The downtown area is pretty cool and has a neat vibe to the city. Our hotel is right downtown and I think I could really appreciate city living. One of the introductory speakers said in Vancouver you can ski in the morning, golf in the afternoon and sail at night, everything is right here. The only bad thing is that all the games start three hours earlier, which is kind of a pain for noon games, although good for 7 pm games, since you can watch the game over dinner and then go out for the evening.

Yesterday, as I was wondering around downtown to find someplace that served breakfast and had the Wings game on, I watched part of the Sun Run, apparently Canada's largest 10k run. There was 50,000 people there and bands every few blocks new the starting area. Seemed like a lot of fun. It hurt my legs just watching it. Maybe I should do that some day, who knows.

No comments: